After interviewing more than 20 newcomers we moved to sense making and formulating How Might We Questions. Last week we had a chance to host a second Design Thinking session with the citizens and representatives of the municipalities (see the post about first session organised ing December here). This time we were happy to share our office space at ARTRooms in Luxembourg City.
There the participants could find solutions to such questions:
- How might we use local attractions/initiatives to attract people to the welcome event?
- How might we create a welcome event which will be interesting for different groups and different interests (family, singles, eldery, youth)?
- How might we create an event adapted to the needs of different cultures?
- How might we strenghten sense of belonging (to be seen/ to be invited/ welcomed) in context of welcome events?
- How might we encourage people to interact with each other?
- How might we design a welcome event to boost active participation of the newcomers?
We can’t wait to share the results with you in our toolbox about organising welcome events which will contain suggestions of events with different lengths, formats and approaches.
This project is implemented with support of the Ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region (PAN).