A cookie is a text file that a Web browser stores on a user’s machine after the 1st visit. Website activates cookies for authentication, storing website information/preferences, other browsing information, and anything else that can help the Web browser while accessing Web servers. HTTP cookies are known by many different names, including browser cookies, Web cookies or HTTP cookies.
- Session: it expires when the browser is closed
- Permanent: it persists even when the browser is closed. They have an expiration date though and by law (e.g. remember passwords and login in order to not re-enter them every time.)
- Third party: Cookies attributes usually corresponds to the website domain they are on. Not for third-party cookies – as you probably gathered from the name, they are installed by third-party websites (no way), such as advertisers. They gather data about your browsing habits and allow them to track you across multiple websites. Other websites using third-party cookies: Facebook, Flickr, Google Analytics, Google Maps, Google Plus, SoundCloud, Tumblr, Twitter and YouTube.
According to these definitions, we use only those generated by your navigation on our site or the ones for which you have given your consent.
Below are the types of cookies we use:
- Necessary Cookies: these cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off;
- Functionality or Preference Cookies: these cookies allow the website to remember choices you have made in the past, improving functionality and customization;
- Statistics or Performance Cookies: these cookies collect information about how you use the website, such as which pages you have visited, and which links you clicked on;
- Marketing Cookies: these cookies use information about the pages you visit, the links you follow or the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, aiming to present advertisements and content that may interest you.
ere you find the list of cookies used by the site:
- Third-party apps integrated into our website
We are using third-party apps on our web site to share our site’s content with others (social sharing buttons): The corresponding social networks may be able to identify you via this button, even if you don’t use it while browsing our site or app. If you opened a session on one of the networks on the device you use to visit our website before arriving on our site, the network can track your navigation on our site. We have no control over the collection of data by the social network regarding your navigation on our site and do not have access to personal data in their possession. However, you can access the confidentiality policy of the social network to learn more about the subject and regulate the information you agree or refuse to share.
You can change or withdraw your consent at any time from our cookie management tool.
You can decide to block cookies we may deposit in your navigator, either case by case or by refusing them systematically once and for all.
For an efficient cookie management meeting your requirements please use your browser’s setup options, considering the cookies’ purpose (as mentioned above).
You can also delete cookies already stored in your browser. For instance, to delete cookies deposited on our site:
- Google Chrome
- Open the browser’s ‘Settings’ tab. Click on ‘Advanced’ followed by ‘Privacy and security’, ‘content settings’, then ‘cookies’ and ‘See all cookies and site data’. Search ‘[Name]’, tick the boxes and delete.
- Open the browser’s ‘Options’ tab and select ‘Privacy and Security’. In the ‘History’ section, click on ‘remove individual cookies’. Search files containing the name ‘[Name]’, select and delete them.
- Microsoft Edge
- Click on the ‘other action’, then on ‘Settings’’. Click on ‘Choose data to delete’. Check the box ‘Cookies data from registered websites’, search files containing ‘[Name]’, select and delete them.
- Open, the browser’s ‘Preferences’ tab and open the tab ‘Confidentiality’. Click on ‘Manage website data’, search files containing ‘[Name]’ select and delete them. Click on ‘Done’.
Last update: April 2022