You know designing something your users actually want is key to successful products and services. But how can you find out what they want in the first place? During this course, you will discover the fundamental tools of qualitative user research, as well as ways to uncover and communicate your insights – plus tips on how to overcome common obstacles for first-time researchers.
Because user research is no mystery – just learning how to listen and empathize with other humans like you.
Who is this training for?
Freelancers, entrepreneurs, aspiring UX designers, those who place the needs and desires of their user at the heart of their business.
During the course you will learn:
- “Know thine user”: who do you need to talk with?
- The mindset of a user researcher: how to approach and listen to your user
- Quantitative or Qualitative research? What they are, benefits of both and how to choose when to use one or the other
- User interview: how to prepare for effective user interviews (understand what you want to know, create the right questions…), how to conduct a semi-structured interview, empathy maps
- Overview of other methods: observation (AEIOU), cognitive walkthrough, user research in other phases of the Design Thinking process
- User research deliverables: personas, customer journey, user stories, stakeholder map and sense-making methods
- Common blocks of user research & how to overcome them
Who are the facilitators?
Piotr Gawel – Psychologist, facilitator, Service Designer
Magdalena Jakubowska – Adult Learning Facilitator, Design Thinking Facilitator
When and where?
19th August 9.00-17.00 (8h)
Art Square Lab office
48, av de la Liberte
Full price: 480 EUR (+ 17% VAT- 561,60 EUR)
!!! August 50% promo: 280,80 EUR (incl. VAT) – book your spot here
You can check with your employer if this course could be part of your upskilling program: Art Square Lab is accredited by the Ministry of Economy as an organisation for continuing professional training.
What do you get in the price:
- snacks and drinks
- plus optionally free participation to the Global GovJam in October, 19th-20th)