As one of our focus in Luxembourg is education, we decided to offer our experience with online facilitation of virtual classrooms and meetings t to those teachers who need to get prepared to run online sessions with their students.
During the workshop we will study the potential of online tools for engaging young people in meaningful, facilitated lesson. Through a web conferencing applications (Google Hangout, Zoom, Go To Meeting, Big Blue Button) young people and educators can actively participate in a moderated session as they would be together in a physical classroom. The crucial role of the facilitator/teacher requires mastering the technological solution but also adequate moderation techniques to sustain supportive learning environment.
The workshop will be composed of two parts: in first one we will look at how digital tools and technical set ups. In second part we are going to focus on facilitation techniques which will help you to make your on line classroom more engaging. At the end of the session we will practice transferring your material to digital and use new teaching opportunities for best learning of your students.
Program of the session:
- Principles of online learning
- Before you start: technicalities (programs, preparation of the students)
- Before you start: setting up best learning environment (plenary, small groups, individual learning)
- Do’s and Don’ts of online facilitation (interactivity, dynamic and engaging games and activities with online tools and apps, e.g. Kahoot)
- Dealing with emergencies: what if connection will collapse- plan B
- Your online model: first attempts:)
18th March at 17.00 – 19.00 : register here
24th of March at 17.00- 19.00: register here
Investment: free for teachers/ university teachers from Luxembourg
Materials: internet access with camera and microphone
For more details please write us an email: email@example.com